Thursday, June 14, 2012

For any blue cheese dressing lovers!

For bleu cheese dressing

(And these are going to be kind of approximate since I add more as I go to get the flavor and consistency that I want.)

1 brick of cream cheese (8 oz.) 
1 cup Trader Joe's greek plain yogurt
1 cup sour cream
1 Tb. mayo
3-5 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
1-2 tsp. sea salt
4-6 garlic cloves

Blend that all up in the blender, then add more lemon juice if it's too thick (1 Tbsp. at a time) If it gets too thin, I add more cr. cheese, about 1/4 pkg at a time. 
When you get it to the right consistency and flavor then add about 2 cups bleu cheese crumbles (I use Costco's brand), and stir it up.
You can leave it thick for dips, too. Yum Yum!!


I haven't actually tried making this yet, and I have never been a fan of blue cheese dressing, but I had this over a friends house and she made it. It was that absolute best thing I have ever tasted. I ate so much of it on my salad and then dipped cucumbers in it that I thought I was going to throw up. 

4 comments:

Anne said...

Whow, I can tell from the ingredients that this would be sooooo gooooood. My problem is I would eat too much and get too fat. I am going to save this recipe and have it when company comes.

Katie said...

This sounds absolutely delicious! Blue cheese dressing is my favorite so I will definitely be making this ASAP!! Thanks, Kevin!

Candace said...

I have been looking for a really good dressing to eat w/our varieties of lettuce in our garden.
This recipe is perfect!

Kristin said...

I actually posted this recipe, Katie. I guess I used kevin's log in by mistake. I can't even begin to tell you how good this was guys. Candace, I was rolling up pieces of lettuce and dipping it in the dressing. Dipping cucumbers also tasted good. She made it really thick so it would be good for dipping. I was also dipping bell peppers in it too. I honestly wanted to tip up the canning jar and drink it.
Mama, are the ingredient really that fattening. I was thinking they were pretty good. I guess all the cheeses may be pretty fattening..