Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Daddy's Father's Day


Daddy always liked a buffet so that is what I fixed him, sirloin steak marinaded in Candace's marinade posted on the blog(I can HIGHLY recommend it), marinated(a different marinade)grilled shrimp, barbeque chicken thighs, delicious scalloped potatoes and the most scrumptious chocolate cake. We are still eating leftovers. Today I made pesto sauce from our basil in the garden. We are now eating tomatoes from the garden also and it won't be long till we are eating cucumbers from the garden. Our little raise-bed gardens produce alot.

5 comments:

Candace said...

That is quite a tempting spread!
Did you eat both cake and fruit in one sitting, Daddy? :)
I like the tie, Caleb!

Anne said...

We haven't eaten any fruit yet. That will be cut up this evening because the cake is almost gone. The tie fell in the steak as we began to film and I was upset because it got a grease spot on it but I cleaned it with oxy spray and got it out. I am going to post the scallop potato dish for my recipe.

Katie said...

Oooh, I like that tie, Caleb! What a feast you prepared, Mama! It looks delicious.

You are pretty funny in the video, Daddy. I love how you're laughing the whole time, Caleb. :-)

Kristin said...

Wish I could have been there. Not just because of seeing daddy, but because of the food!!!! You guys have come along way from beans, rice and cornbread. Your lucky, Caleb. Your a wonderful Daddy!

grandaddy said...

I HAD A GREAT FATHER's DAY BECAUSE OF MY GREAT FAMILY THAT IS SCATTERED FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA!!!!