Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mera scares Mommy!

Well, yesterday, Meradeth gave me a BIG scare!! I was watching TV (first mistake) and Olivia was in the music room by the front door with caleb. Meradeth went into that room to play with them. Well, about 3 minutes went by and I got up to go in there. Meradeth was nowhere to be seen. I asked Olivia where she was and she said that Meradeth left the room a couple minutes before and walked back towards the living room. I ran back into the living room and looked in the kitchen, the laundry room, the guest room...I even looked in the back yard (I didn't think she would be smart enough to open the screen door). Then I heard, "Dadadadadadaa." It was coming from upstairs. Meradeth had climbed up both flights of stairs and was in our bathroom playing in the toilet water. (by far her favorite thing to do). AHHHHHHHHH. What do you do when this happens. I started thinking of all the what ifs. Needless to say, I will keep a much better eye on her and not watch so much TV.
Posted by: Kristin

3 comments:

Candace said...

You need to put up a gate at the bottom of the stairs.

Candace said...

Allyson's comment:
"You don't know about this, Mama, but one day I found Travis in the downstairs bathroom splashing his hands in the toilet water."

Katie said...

Uhhh, Kristin? I will try to give you some pointers on parenting when you come visit. I may have no actual experience but lots of knowledge.