Saturday, February 12, 2011

Very nice gift..

You all know I love photography.
Well a couple of weeks ago we went over to some friends of ours after church and they gave me this amazing gift. First I have to say that I have been focusing less ( no pun intended :-) . ) on photography . Not necessarily on taking pictures. I still carry a camera where ever we go; but on what kind of equipment I have to do it. There are some things I would like to have; and one of those things I would like to have is a nice film camera. I am nostalgic I guess.
Well I was just thinking I would some day get a nice 35mm film camera, but the Lord must have wanted me to have something more technical.
Ok to make a long story short, our friends had a neighbor that moving and was throwing stuff away in a big roll off dumpster. Jason our friend was going over every day and finding good stuff thrown away, and one day found the camera pictured. It is a 4x5 view camera, one similar to what Ansel Adams would use to take pictures of Yosemite . Now I have to learn how to use it and figure out what the Lord wants me to do with it...

4 comments:

Candace said...

I was cleaning out my closet the other day and found my old Pentax ZX-M that I bought in 1997...and I thought THAT camera was ancient...haha! I'm so thankful for digital.
I'm eager to see what you produce from this "new" camera!

Anne said...

I think that is so neat,Kevin. I can't imagine throwing something like that away. I sure would have liked to have gone through this dumpster. Let us know when you take your first picture.

Fran said...

Kevin, the Lord has already blessed you with such talent of taking pictures. I am sure He will show you what wonderful pictures you can take with that camera.

Katie said...

That is just awesome, Kevin! I would have liked to have picture of your face when you first saw it! :-)