Thursday, September 18, 2008

The 2008 McCain/Palin Road to Victory Rally!

Allyson and I had the opportunity to attend a rally at the Eastern Iowa Airport this morning! We had so much fun...and it was absolutely amazing! I've never been to anything like it in my life! In the above picture, as you can see, is John McCain on his way up the platform...shaking hands as he goes.

Here is Sarah Palin! And walking behind her in the dark suit is her husband waving at the crowds.


Palin spoke first...and I have many more pictures and video of this thrilling event that I will be adding to hannafam and my video site.


And McCain closed out the rally. Because of a nice older gentleman, Allyson was able to see most of the rally very well. He held her up above the crowds! :) I got to see McCain and Palin's plane fly in and they walk off w/many bodyguards swarming around them. Allyson and I waved our little American flags and did much cheering! :)

4 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, boy, I would have liked to be there. I figure since VA is going to be an important state and the race is so close here that they will probably come and I hope to be able to go. Great pictures.

Katie said...

I am so jealous!! Looks like you had tons of fun. I can't wait to see the vidoes you took.

Candace said...

I believe McCain/Palin had a victory rally in Jax on the 15th...the day of your root canal.

Katie said...

Yea, John McCain was here, but I couldn't go. They are supposed to come back together, but I don't know when yet. I am hoping to be able to go then.